Club volleyball can start as early as 10U. 41 South does offer club volleyball for ages 14-18.
WHY PLAY CLUB VOLLEYBALL?
It is our firm belief that athletes that play club will continuously playing and will gain better skills during this time. Participation in club volleyball gives athletes another 100-200 hours of practice, tournament and physical training time each year. During such a time period many players, especially young players, see significant growth in the development of their skills. Further, club volleyball gives its athletes opportunities to learn lessons that extend far beyond the court. Players are given opportunities to meet, learn to cooperate with and make new friends. Most players that play in high school only play from August- October, which mostly consists of games and not very much practice time.
Club Volleyball Teams offer several advantages:
- The opportunity to improve technical, tactical and physical skills through an intensive 5-6 month season outside of the athlete’s high school team – which may result in earning or maintaining playing time on that athlete’s high school team
- The opportunity to compete at a higher level of volleyball – to push the athlete to reach their individual peak potential
- The opportunity to gain exposure (at elite levels) to college coaches and programs – It should be noted that many players and their families choose to participate in club volleyball simply for this reason. However, while playing on a club volleyball team is essential to being recruited, it neither guarantees that it will happen, nor is it enough on its own
- The opportunity meet new friends and play with athletes whose goals are similar to their own
- The opportunity to gain intangible rewards such as improved mental and emotional maturity and valuable character traits
- Because you LOVE volleyball and just can’t get enough!
HOW LONG IS THE CLUB SEASON?
5-6 months for most teams. For 15U and older, club season begins with tryouts in late October/ early November and will continue through May/June.
HOW DOES 41 SOUTH VOLLEYBALL CLUB HANDLE PLAYING TIME?
Our playing time philosophy is equal practice time, “fair” playing time. For our club volleyball teams, 41 South Volleyball Club does NOT guarantee equal playing time at tournaments. Every 41 South Volleyball Club athlete receives equal and ample opportunity to learn, grow and prove themselves in practice. We guarantee “fair” playing time for each player, taking into consideration skill level, attitude, attendance, commitment, position, and performance in practice.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST? WHAT DO COSTS COVER?
41 South Volleyball Club attempts to provide quality training for the lowest possible cost. All club fees cover coaching fees, gym costs, tournament registration fees, and uniform expenses and administrative expenses, but do not include any travel expenses (food or transportation) associated with tournaments. You can expect the total club fee to be between $1500-2000, depending on the age group, level of the team, number of teams total, the tournaments attended, and the number of girls on the team. We will make every effort to keep costs as low as possible, and cost per team may vary depending on which tournaments the team decides to attend. We believe that cost should never be a factor in whether or not an athlete can participate in our program, so please contact us if you have concerns – we would love to work with you! For more cost specifics, please contact us for detailed information – email@example.com.
WHERE ARE PRACTICES?
Please see our Teams & Facilities tab for practice facility addresses. Practice times and locations will be chosen each season based on the needs of the coaches as well as gym availability.
WHY IS 41 SOUTH THE RIGHT CHOICE FOR OUR FAMILY?
At 41 South Volleyball Club, every athlete is pushed to reach their highest potential. We provide an elite level of training by equipping each team with skilled coaches, equipment, programs and every opportunity to succeed. As a club, the directors and all coaches are united in their philosophies, efforts and training practices. Upon joining 41 South Volleyball Club, all athletes and their parents become part of the family. The family atmosphere combined with elite training and an emphasis on character building truly sets 41 South Volleyball Club apart from other clubs. The tuition is also fair for a family looking for a club going to local tournaments and with a competitive tuition rate that can fit all budgets.